A 7.5 tonne driving job with our nationwide client provides you with everything that you could want from a driving role; great weekly pay, excellent prospects, regular weekday shifts and plenty of opportunities for overtime.
This is your chance to join a fantastic brand, the UK’s best-known parcel delivery service as a Multi Drop Delivery Driver and become an integral part of a world-renowned logistical team.
As a 7.5 tonne Multi Drop (collection and delivery) Driver, you will be working independently to collect and deliver parcels to households and businesses throughout your local area. Local knowledge would be an advantage in this position, especially from a previous driving role.
You may have to collect bulk mail from major customers and Post Offices as well as transporting mail between the Mail Centres and Delivery Offices. While most you’re your day will be spent driving, part of your role will also include loading and unloading your van and sorting the mail and parcels into the correct onward distribution.
Your working hours will usually be between 8.00 am to 6.30 pm Monday to Friday
You must hold a full UK driving licence permitting 7.5 tonne (Category C1) vehicles to be considered for this position. A clean licence is preferred but drivers with up to 6 penalty points will usually be considered.
Aside from the required driving qualifications there are a few other things that will ensure you are great fit for this job:
- Positive Attitude: You do need to have a passion for driving, even when it is busy out on the roads, lots of traffic and long queues can make even the bubbliest of us a little grumpy so a happy, positive attitude will go a long way.
- People Skills: As a Delivery Driver, you have the chance to make someone’s day, every day – whether it is delivering a letter from friend, the latest gadget to an eagerly waiting customer, a smile to someone who needs it, a carefully chosen gift to be wrapped in a bow, or just a few friendly words of hello. When you work for a delivery service you are delivering more than just a parcel.
- Physically Fit: This interactive, customer focused door-to-door service will require you to lift and carry parcels weighing up to 30kg so do take a moment to consider the physical aspects of this role.
- Team Work: Many hands make lighter work so we must all be willing to pull together as a team ensuring that each and every parcel gets to where it needs to be, when it needs to be there, no matter what it takes.
We know that all professional drivers pride themselves on their commitment to deliver on time whatever the load and so if you have all of the qualities mentioned above and the dedication to thrive in the driving force behind one of the UK’s most trusted delivery companies, a job as a 7.5 Tonne Driver for our client could be the perfect role for you.
- Full valid UK driving licence permitting 7.5 tonne (Category C1) vehicles.
- Less than 6 penalty points on your licence (ideally a clean licence is preferred).
- The ability to lift and carry parcels up to 30kg.