Assistant Operations Manager
- Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Pay: £30,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Role Purpose: To assist the DC Operations Manager in the everyday running and leadership of the Distribution Centre, working effectively with the Shift Managers to maintain an efficient and unified team operation, communicating to team members effectively.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Health and Safety – making sure all health and safety guidelines are adhered to within the warehouse to maintain a safe working environment
- To Assist the Distribution Operations Manager in the everyday running of the DC
- Work effectively with the Shift Managers to maintain efficient operations across the DC shift patterns, maintaining an efficient unified team operation
- Assist the Distribution Operations Manager in all aspects of forward planning as detailed below: – • Identifying problems/opportunities in operational processes, procedures, and systems • Make proposals for improvement, and implementation of improvements
- Regular review of workload and capacities of team, actively looking to improve on operational KPI’s and targets
- Identify potential risks to the operation and formulate ideas to reduce risk
- Use actual sales and predicted sales to forecast future work force, equipment, MHE and pick face capacity requirements
- Plan using forecasts to ensure safe and efficient operation capable of meeting the demands of the business moving forward, utilising agency where required for peaks
- Plan and implement solutions to new objectives and directives presented to the DC through the DC Operations Manager
- Assist in preparing capital expenditure plans for MHE and equipment where necessary
- Monitor cost ratio FTE to top line sales
- Experience of large-scale logistics and inventory.
- Sound knowledge and experience of warehouse/distribution centre operations
- Able to carry out instruction given and impart these to employees
- Energetic, positive and highly motivated • Proven communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to manage a large multi-functional workforce.
Planning and organising – Understands own, and business priorities. Plans effectively and monitors progress towards achievement of plans. Investigates possible roadblocks and develops contingencies to redirect tasks so momentum is not lost.
Interpersonal Skills – Able to get along with, encourage, and build relationships with stakeholders, while remaining productive and reaching the end goal. Diffuses even high tension situations; treats others with respect, patience, and consideration. Builds constructive and effective
relationships inside and outside the organisation Leading – Provides excellent leadership through motivating and developing others to achieve high performance. Conveys a clear sense of organisational goals and values to others
Communication – Communicates openly and effectively, ensuring that messages are clear and concise Drive and motivation – Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Takes ownership for completing tasks and gets the job done
Teamwork and collaboration – Understand the importance of team working. Looks for way in which to support and help others
Interested in applying?
Complete the form below and tell why you would be perfect for the role