Our client are currently on the hunt for Loader/Operatives, the main purpose of this role is to remove all waste and or recycling as directed, and in accordance with the contract specification.
- Working as a team to collect waste from designated collection points and returning containers where necessary.
- Any other tasks as requested by your manager.
- Able to competently operate machinery
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- UK driving licence
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety and able to follow health and safety procedures
- Ensuring that all waste not presented for collection at the appropriate point is recorded and reported, and that additional work and missed bins are completed and recorded.
- Ensure all requests for additional work and missed bins are completed an recorded upon requests.
- Ensuring that waste is loaded correctly and safely and that all spillages are cleared up immediately.
- Assisting the driver by acting as reversing assistant ensuring safe manoeuvring of the vehicle.
- Adhere to, and ensure others adhere to legal requirements and the Companies health and safety rules and procedures and legislation.
- To remain polite and respectful with all colleagues, members of the public and client representatives at all times.
- To assist the Company in achieving its published Business Objectives and complying with all procedures in line with the ISO system
You will spend the majority of your time on the rounds ensuring that all waste placed out for collection is removed, whilst assisting residents as required. You will work with your crew to achieve this, whilst at all times ensuring that both client and the local council are represented well. Health and Safety is paramount in the refuse collection industry, and you will at all times ensure that both you and your colleagues are operating in a safe way.
The following skills, experience are essential for this role:
- Team working
- Able to follow health and safety guidelines
- Basic communication skills
- Good timekeeper
The following would also be desirable:
- Worked using PPE
- Previous operational experience
- Local area knowledge