Specialist Customer Service Advisor
- Location: Oxford
- Pay: £11.41-£14.21 per hour
- Contract: Full-time, Temporary, Contract & Permanent
Specialist Customer Service Advisor
To be the first point of contact for people contacting Oxfordshire County Council with enquiries about Social Care via a variety of communication channels.
You will be responsible for dealing with the enquiries we receive effectively, with a warm and professional manner, and for creating a positive impression of the Council by using your knowledge of our services to get the best possible outcomes for our customers.
This post holder is responsible for ensuring that all relevant County policies and procedures are adhered to and concerns are raised in accordance with these policies
Work in accordance with the County council values and behaviours
- Answering enquiries by phone, using a headset and laptop, email, webchat, social media and face-to-face from members of the public and partner agencies including medical professionals, the Police and the Fire and Rescue Service.
- Researching information for customers and either resolving their enquiries or directing them to a relevant and more appropriate service.
- Completion of an initial assessment including referrals for adult social care.
- Prioritise and place service users on social care allocation lists.
- Assessment for and ordering of disability aids.
- Identify and complete adult safeguarding referrals.
- Completion of Carers assessments, support plans and reviews.
- Responding to general enquiries relating to children’s social care and children’s safeguarding concerns via telephone and email, and responsible for checking social care databases and accurately recording relevant information on forms for internal teams including the Probation service and external partners including the Police and Ofsted.
- Ability to make independent decisions and identify when to refer complex enquiries to relevant specialists in the team, and other teams within the organisation.
- Dealing tactfully with complaints and escalating service user complaints appropriately; passing relevant feedback to managers to improve service delivery.
- Using a range of in-house database systems to search, read and enter service user details, and Microsoft Office including a knowledge of Outlook and Word.
- Recording service specific statistics for monitoring purposes.
- Ability to work as part of a team as relevant, to deliver the best outcomes for service users, and met and exceed team aims and objectives.
- Ability to support less experienced members of staff through development and training activities using a coaching style.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, supporting the management team to implement changes. Identify and change incorrect or missing information within the knowledge base.
- To develop an awareness and understanding of all relevant legislation e.g. Care Act 2014.
- Undertake any other tasks as directed by the line manager and which are commensurate with the grade for this job.
- To maintain confidentiality and adhere to all Oxfordshire County Council information governance policies, procedures and processes.
- Commitment to and understanding of Equal Opportunities for all in Employment and the delivery of services to customers.
- Familiarisation with the Council’s policies on safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and acting in accordance with the inter-agency safeguarding procedures of the Oxfordshire Safeguarding boards.
- With specific regard to acting as a Team Supervisor for the team:- To be the first point of contact for the team and provide appropriate levels of support to staff dealing with challenging and more complex enquiries; to help plan, monitor and review the staff rota and manage staff resource daily to ensure all contacts are answered within service levels and to the required standards across a range of different contact channels; use of phone software to ensure calls are answered, and waiting time is as low as possible; able to assist the Team Leader with more specialised activities as required including the recruitment and selection of staff.
Interested in applying?
Complete the form below and tell why you would be perfect for the role